THE OTATIKPO FIELD
Green Energy International Limited is the Operator of Otakikpo Marginal Field in OML 11 with operational base in Ikuru town, Andoni Local Government, Rivers State. It is based in the Southern of SPDC’S OML 11, between the shore to the South and Chevrons OML51 to the North and about 35 km East of Bonny Crude Export Terminal. The field was discovered by the exploration well Otakikpo 01 in 1980.
The first Appraisal well- Otakikpo 02 was drilled in 1981 and this was followed by the second Appraisal well-Otakikpo well 03 in 1986. Hydrocarbons were established in five reservoirs at four levels by wells –Otakikpo 02 and Otakikpo 03 in two fault blocks. Four of the Reservoirs C5.000B,C6.000B,C7.000B and E1.000A are oil bearing. The C6.000B is a reservoir with a primary gas cap.
Otakikpo "South" Prospect
- Exciting exploration opportunities at Otakikpo South Fault Block adjacent to Otakikpo Main discovery
- Maturing Otakikpo South prospect towards development status
- High-impact exploration and development drilling of
- Otakikpo South prospect (Significant STOIIP of ~150 MMBOE) to follow in 2019
Otakikpo South will incorporate synergies using the existing production, storage and offtake infrastructure at the Otakikpo Main field
- Proposed forward work programme (including facilities upgrade) is expected to increase production to more than 30,000 bopd
Future Otakikpo "Main" Development Plan
- Acquisition of 3D seismic data planned for Q1 2018.
- Large scale appraisal & development opportunity at Otakikpo Main Development drilling at Otakikpo Main area to commence Q2 2018
- Full field development scenario could see a further eight production wells bought onstream